Guide to Making Money Online (Your $100,000 income blueprint) PART 1

By
Making Money Online

Many people who want to get started on making money online have been seeking advice on how to make money online. This is a complete hands-on guide to making money online. Lots of people, including myself, have made money using the following strategies. 

However, I need to state here that making money online is not as easy and straightforward as many people think. It requires sacrifice, discipline, persistence and a natural knack for excellence. 

If you hope to make a living online, you must first accept the fact that making enough money online is possible, but it requires patience. I have seen many people try to make money online, but somehow end up getting disappointed and discouraged. When I first started out, it took me a little more than a year before I started seeing positive results.

But before I proceed, I must throw in a few warnings.....



  • If you want to make very quick money—there is no such thing as overnight millionaire online. You have to be ready to put in the work. Pick any random human being who is trying to make money and you will be told that making money online is like building Rome—you know how long it took to build Rome, don’t you?
  • Shortcuts don’t work. I tried a few shortcuts and ended up failing or losing money. Those who like shortcuts are easy prey for scammers. Beware; a scammer is hovering above you, waiting for you to make a silly step before he can devour you ferociously. The online world is such a ruthless place for the less vigilant and the money-hungry hawks. SHORTCUTS DON’T WORK. I Repeat. SHORTCUTS DON’T WORK.
  • You can’t make money online without offering something of value in exchange—time, services, quality products and ideas etc
  • The last time I checked, black hat ways of making money online backfired on most people. I don’t want you to join that list. So let’s just do the right thing. Stick to legitimate ways of making money online.
  • Making money online is not the substitute for laziness. Making money online is not for those people who don’t want to work or follow a blue-prints or strategies.
  • Making money is not a preserve of the select few. Anyone can make money online so long as they are committed. The internet is actually a blessing to humanity. If the internet was a human being, it would be called the financial savior of humanity. It has brought salvation to all people irrespective of their nationality, race, gender, educational background and religion. What more could you ask for?
  • Dare not start making money online without milestones, goals. Starting out on a venture without goals is like sailing without a destination. The Chinese have a saying that goes “he who travels without a destination in mind will end up anywhere.” If you are serious about making money online you better set goals. Making money online is a business and career to many people. I don’t work anywhere else apart from the comfort of my home.  
I have been successful because I always set goals every month. Goals help me to stay on track and improve. I started with $200 monthly goal then went to $400 then $500 then $650 then $800 then went to $1000 then $1,500 then $2,000 and now I am currently at $2,500. Very soon, I am setting my sights on $5,000. 

My ultimate goal is to get to the $100,000 monthly income, which I believe I will get to very soon. Many people are already doing it. Why not me? Why not you? Shall we take this challenge together? If you want your daily income to look something like this that is still possible. You just have to move away from your comfort zone and plunge into the sea even if the only tool you have is blind faith.


Having sounded those few warnings, we can now proceed to more serious stuff.  In this guide, I am straight away going to tell you about all the kinds of work you can do online to make money. I am going to be as candid with you as possible. I am not going to give you bull crap and meander with facts.

If there is something I don’t know I will simple refer you to a link for more information. I have been making money online long enough to know what works and what doesn’t. I have been successful in many of them, but I have also been fried dry in many more. 

I don’t want you to make the mistakes I made. I want you to walk straight into success. If you want to quit you 9-5 job and start making money online full-time, I wish you the best of luck. If you just want to make money online part-time, I still wish you the best of luck. The only thing I request of you is to thank me later if you find this information useful.


Freelance

Working as a freelance is a popular way of making money online. You can work as a writer, a program or as an internet marketer either through portals like Upwork.com, Freelancer.com, Freelance.com, GetACoder.com and FreelanceCareers.com, among others.

The number of people joining freelance bandwagon continues to increase each year. According to Financial Times, freelancing is enjoying an impressive growth of 12% with popular freelance broker sites like upwork.com enjoying consistent growth in terms of number of new members and number of jobs posted.

The good news I have to tell you is that freelance work is a happy job. According to freelance industry report, 90% of freelancers are happier now than they were before going solo. 77% of freelancers are optimistic about their future prospects.

With these kinds of statistics, no one should tell you that freelancing is a bad thing; it is actually a wonderful opportunity for you to become your own boss and build a successful freelancing career. Unfortunately, many a newbie don’t know where to begin. Here is how to go about it.


1. Choose your craft

Just about everything can be outsourced these days. From writing articles to writing codes; from internet marketing to virtual assistance, anything and everything can be outsourced these days and that is where you can make money.

Therefore, there are obviously many things you can do to make money as a freelancer. However, I must warn you that the competition is enormous. For instance, when you join sites like freelancer.com or upwork.com as a freelance writer, you will find yourself competing against hundreds of other freelancers for a single job.

The clients often select the best candidate among the lot. That means you have to be really good at what you do. So choosing the skills that you know you are an expert at is the first thing to do as a freelancer.

However, do not be paralyzed by a preconception that you are not good at a particular skill. If you have the desire and hunger to learn that skill, you will become a pro. No one is born being an expert blogger or a programmer or a marketer. We all learn these things over time.

When I started out as a freelance writer, I must admit I was not very good. I received awful feedback from enraged clients and did very low-paying jobs. However I resolved not to get discouraged. I resolved that I would make continuous learning part of my daily routine. Today, I write for high-end clients for an upward of $50 per article. It is pays to be patient in the freelance world.

2. Create a Brand

I always tell freelancers that they are a brand in themselves. Brands are not a preserve of big companies. As a freelancer, you need to create a strong brand that sets you apart from the competition. Your brand is your identity. 

You can establish your brand through a blog, website, and social media account or by maintaining an impressive feedback score if you work through freelance broker sites like Upwork.

Having said that, try to narrow your area of expertise to just one specific industry to maximize your. For instance, if you are a website designer, you might choose to focus on ecommerce sites only. 

This form of laser focus specialization makes you attractive to prospective clients who are looking for that particular service. Coming across as a jack of all trades can be do more harm than good.

3. Build a Portfolio and Source Testimonials

Overtime, as you complete more orders, you establish a trail that prospective clients can look at when making a decision. A freelancer with average skills but with high feedback score and great testimonials becomes more successful than a skillful freelancer with low ratings. 

Several things contribute to your feedback score and ratings:
  • You quality of work
  • How you communication with clients
  • How you price your services
  • Willingness to do revisions/changes
  • Friendliness/customer service
  • Your skills and expertise on the subject matter
  • How well you implement instructions etc
  • How reliable you are
In short, just do your best to provide an exceptional service.

4. Keep Pitching

Whether you are working on a project or not, keep looking for clients. Unless you have a stable client base, you should keep pitching to ensure that you have a stable supply of work.

Affiliate marketing/blogging

Affiliate marketing is another area where you can make a living off. Affiliate marketing simply involves selling other people’s products and retaining commission. There are so many ways you can set up your affiliate business:
You can blog about products you love and recommend them.

I can recommend you read these articles to get a better idea

You can advertise the products directly using PPC, Facebook ads, and BuySellAds. I must warn that spamming social media accounts is not the best way to go about it.

….end of part one

I would like to end there for today. Treat this as an introductory part. Next week, I will go into the steak of making money online. We will look at the more unconventionally but lucrative methods of making money online. Until then, have a good one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment